We are looking for ambitious trainee teachers who have a passion for education, are positive, enthusiastic, organised, creative, flexible, patient and have a desire to share these skills with young people of all abilities in the primary age range.
We would expect all applicants to have experience of British primary schools. This could be as a volunteer or in paid work.
Although there is no set amount of school experience that we require, the experience that you have got should be meaningful, relevant and significant and it should enable you to talk about learning in a range of settings. Please reflect on this experience and explain in your application form what you have learnt from it. It should also have given you an insight into the workload expectations and how highly demanding the role of a teacher is.
Desirable Skills & Qualities
We look for candidates with the following strengths:
- Passion for learning and an interest in/knowledge of education
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to stay calm and deal with stressful situations
- Drive to succeed and resilience in the face of difficulty
- Experience of working with children with special educational needs
- Being part of a team and working collaboratively
- Managing teams and other adults, holding people to account
- Sense of fun!
- Reflective practitioner who responds to feedback
- Interests outside of education
- ICT competent & confident
- Willing to travel/ able to work in a range of locations
Through your application we would expect you to demonstrate how your personal qualities and experience prepare you for a career in teaching.
To view our School Direct selection criteria click here.