Primary Cognitive Science Modular Programme brought to you in partnership with Staffordshire Research School.
We are pleased to announce a new modular programme for Primary practitioners, Applied Cognitive Science : Evidence into Practice. This online programme led by Staffordshire Research School’s Evidence Leads in Education – Jade Pearce and Jeremy Baker is underpinned by robust research and evidence. Each of the sessions are co-facilitated by Primary Specialists who will bring examples to life and share valuable takeaways based on their Primary practice.
Throughout the programme, participants will explore:
- What does the research say?
- What are the implications for my planning?
- Examples, case studies & avoidances
- A chance for reflection – What do I need to do more of & less of to apply these principles of research?
- So how do I do strategically put this evidence to work to give it the best chance of success?
This modular twilight programme (15:45-17:15) begins on Wednesday 5th October and costs just £150 per person for the course. The four modules will investigate:
- Memory – Research – ST, LT, capacity, retrieval and encoding, dual coding & misconceptions.
- Explicit Instruction and Deliberate Practice.
- Retrieval, Spacing, Interleaving – Evidence and practical application.
- Generative Learning & Schema and considerations for the curriculum, lesson structures and varied examples.