We are one of the largest Primary School Direct providers in the area and offer a range of teacher training places each year, in partnership with both the University of Warwick and the University of Worcester.
Through our Gateway Alliance (Midlands) Partnership we offer both tuition fee and salaried training places, accredited by the University of Warwick, in primary and special schools across Warwickshire and Coventry.
Through our Gateway Alliance (Arden Forest) Partnership we offer tuition fee training places, accredited by the University of Worcester, in primary schools in South West Warwickshire.
There are two training routes for School Direct trainees, they are…
- School Direct Training Programme (Tuition Fee) ⇒ This route is open to anyone who meets the minimum eligibility criteria for teaching. You will undertake the majority of your training in school, but you will not be employed by the school. This route incurs a £9,250 tuition fee although you may be eligible for funding through tuition fee loans, training bursaries or scholarships. For more information about bursaries and funding click here.
- School Direct Training Programme (Salaried) ⇒ This is an employment-based route for high-quality experienced graduates with at least three years’ work experience. You will undertake the majority of your training in school and will earn a salary of £17,000+ while you train. Trainees are expected to pay a fee of £2,000 for the accredited element of the training programme. (Figures based on 2019/20 programme.)
Tuition Fee Route: The full time Home and EU tuition fee for studying a PGCE is currently £9,250. Home and EU students can apply to the Student Loans Company for a tuition fee loan to cover the cost of the fees. Additional fees apply to International students.
Salaried Route: Trainees are employed by as an unqualified teacher and earn a salary (point 1 on the unqualified teacher scale) whilst training. They are required to pay a fee of £2,000 towards the PGCE element of the qualification.
For more information about fees and bursaries, including eligibility criteria, please visit the ‘Get into Teaching‘ website.
Travel: Trainees are required to pay for their travel to and from their placement schools and the University, either using private and public transport. You will need to be prepared for the possibility of extra travelling time to and from your schools – possibly over an hour by car or significantly longer by public transport, although we make every reasonable effort to minimise your journey times.
Books: Books are recommended but there is no requirement to purchase specific texts and you have access to the University library.
Materials: You will need writing materials. Ideally, you will need a laptop or tablet: you will certainly need access to some type of PC.
Discounts for students…
As a full-time student you may be eligible to a range of benefits or discounts, for example…
- receive up to 50% off your council tax
- claim child benefit
- claim tax credits
- claim a Childcare Grant and Parents’Learning Allowance
- apply for an NUS (National Union of Students) card, which entitles you to a wide range of discounts in high street and online retailers
For more information visit some of these useful websites: