We are looking for ambitious trainee teachers who have a passion for education, are positive, enthusiastic, organised, creative, flexible, patient and have a desire to share these skills with young people of all abilities in the primary age range.
Although a specific amount of school experience is not essential, observing and participating in the work that goes on in classrooms helps you to be sure that teaching is for you and to demonstrate your best potential at interview. Please contact any of our partner schools to arrange a taster day or some voluntary experience.
Desirable Skills & Qualities
We look for candidates with the following strengths:
- Passion for learning and an interest in/knowledge of education
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to stay calm and deal with stressful situations
- Drive to succeed and resilience in the face of difficulty
- Experience of working with children with special educational needs
- Being part of a team and working collaboratively
- Managing teams and other adults, holding people to account
- Sense of fun!
- Reflective practitioner who responds to feedback
- Interests outside of education
- ICT competent & confident
- Willing to travel/ able to work in a range of locations
Through your application we would expect you to demonstrate how your personal qualities and experience prepare you for a career in teaching.
To view our School Direct selection criteria click here.